Amici di Adwa is a non-profit association that has been involved in development cooperation, charity, long distance adoption and aid to the people of Ethiopia since 1998.
In particular, in Adwa we support the “Kidane Mehret” mission of the Salesian F.M.A.sisters, founded by Sister Laura Girotto. Thanks to the help of benefactors, we work to give hope and economic autonomy to a population marked for years by war, famine and serious deficiencies in the health system.
Our Association, based in Cento in the province of Ferrara (Italy):
- promotes development projects in the fields of education, health, agriculture
- follows and supports the Adwa children’s long distance adoption program
- manages the administration and reporting of fundraising and projects carried out
- deals with public communication at a local and national level, takes care of contacts with supporters and remote parents, organizes fundraising and awareness raising initiatives, meets local schools to promote the culture of solidarity
- carries out training and selection for the sending of volunteer personnel who will lend their work for free and material to send to the mission.
Download the statute of the “Amici di Adwa” Association (updated in September 2020).
We were recognized ONLUS on 12.12.2000. The transition to the new legal form of a Third Sector Entity is underway.
In 2020 the Code of Ethics was drawn up and approved.
We have been recognized as equivalent to a US NGO by the certification body NGOsource.
Equivalency Determination certification
We have also received recognition as a legal personality from the Prefecture of Ferrara with Decree no. 264.