Amici di Adwa is a non-profit association that deals with development cooperation, charity, long distance adoption and aid the Ethiopian people since 1998.
In particular, in Adwa we support the “Kidane Mehret” mission of the Salesian F.M.A.sisters, founded by Sister Laura Girotto. Thanks to the support of our benefactors, we work to give hope and economic autonomy to a population marked for years by war, famine and serious deficiencies in the health system.
Our Association, based in Cento in the province of Ferrara (Italy):
- promotes development projects in the fields of education, health, agriculture
- follows and supports the Adwa children’s long distance adoption program
- manages the administration and the reports of fundraising and projects realized
- deals with public communication at a local and national level, takes care of contacts with supporters and remote parents, organizes fundraising and awareness initiatives, meets local schools to promote the culture of solidarity
- trains and selects volunteer who will work for free in the mission or in the association events
- selects material needed by the salesian mission and organizes its shipping
Download the statute of the “Amici di Adwa” Association (updated in September 2020).
We have been recognized ONLUS on 12.12.2000. The transition to the new legal form of a Third Sector Entity is underway.
We have been recognized as a legal personality from the Prefecture of Ferrara with Decree no. 264.
In 2020 the Ethical Code has been drafted and approved.
We have been recognized as equivalent to a US NGO by the certyifing body NGOsource.
Equivalency Determination certification
In 2021 Amici di Adwa has been registered in the list of OSC (Organizations of the Civil Society) of Italian Agency for Development Cooperation.